Friday, August 8, 2008

Fit to Bust

This book is available in the Virtual Shop at:
http://www.babymilkaction.org/shop/publications03.html#fittobust

If you have read it, please leave your comments here.

The following is taken from the site of the author, long-time Baby Milk Action supporter, Alison Blenkinsop:
http://www.linkable.biz/page7.htm

This book is a celebration of breastfeeding, motherhood and related topics. It contains my own compositions of songs and verse, and other material including cartoons, stories, quotations and information on feeding in the human and the animal world.

Profits from the sale of this book will be given to Baby Milk Action to help its vital work of protecting breastfeeding, and protecting babies fed on formula, by ending the irresponsible marketing of breastmilk substitutes. This is a matter of life and death; in areas with unsafe water a bottle-fed child is up to 25 times more likely to die as a result of diarrhoea. (I saw babies die from lack of breastfeeding when I lived and worked in Pakistan with CMS from 1976 to 1990.) In developed countries, a bottle-fed baby has a lower standard of health than a fully breastfed baby in the developing world. According to UNICEF, reversing the decline in breastfeeding could save 1.5 million lives around the world every year.

Baby Milk Action is a non-profit organisation that works within a global network, the International Baby Food Action Network (IBFAN). See Baby Milk Action

The book's production is entirely independent of Baby Milk Action, and the organisation takes no responsibility for any of its contents.

Rule, Breastfeeding!
(tune: Rule, Britannia!)


For many years I have been writing humorous songs
to raise awareness of the many things that steal breastfeeding’s heart and soul,
and now I have a book to enable me to reach that goal.
This is my purpose, to help correct those wrongs,
and raise funds for Baby Milk Action’s vital role.

Love, and Mum’s milk, will save the world, I trust;
learn all about it while you’re laughing fit to bust!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fantastic book, everyone involved in breastfeeding should own a copy! A great resource of humourous anecdotes! My hubby likes it too - great for dads!

Anonymous said...

Fab! We bought "Fit to Bust" for our local La Leche League group. It had me in stitches. My husband did think that I had lost the plot a bit one night when I had him sat up in bed trying to sing some of the songs with me!!!!!

Dana said...

Bought Fit to Bust in October 08, and myself and my 7 year old daughter love to sing a long to the songs, Alison has a real talent!
Dana Hunter